READY, SET, BUILD AN ARK!

Rain is a natural precursor to Spring. Without it, we end up with a lack-luster spring display, if it's a display at all.

Growing up, I'd been privy to many flash flood warnings, and I even remember asking my parents if our little town would ever flood, seeing as the Kalamazoo River cut right through the middle of town. Their answer? Since there'd only ever been one significant flood in the town's history, and that had happened after RECORD level snows and melts and rain, all in one fell swoop, the likelihood was that we would all stay above flood levels.

There were communities around us that had threats of flash floods, but really, it wasn't a huge issue. Just immediate area sort of stuff ...

Well, down here, when someone utters the phrase FLASH FLOOD, you'd better dang-well take it seriously. There are times where, if you spit, you could be well on your way to some serious flooding.

So, it was with intense interest that I watched the weather reports for the Louisville area. You see, I have to travel to a wedding this weekend, with a friend, that is flying in from Florida, and our route is suppose to take us right over the Ohio River, which, at this very moment, is rising! How high it will rise, no one knows. I'm just hoping I can get over the bridge and back as I really don't have any other clue how to get to my destination.

Ahhhh Spring ....

Comments

Popular Posts