ACHEIVEMENTS & RANDOM LIFE "STUFF"

Man! It's just a bit before 9 a.m., and I've managed to get a 45 minute swim in, wash out my suit, do my towels, make breakfast and coffee, pick up a bit, shower, dress, put my face and hair together, and check email! I rocked it today.

Speaking of rocking it ...

I swam 1000 meters today. No, I didn't do it in break-neck speeds or in record time, but I swam 1000 meters, which, considering my knee injury and the fact that I'm hopelessly out of shape, is a pretty big deal. So, hands in the air, people. Show me some love.

Oh! And I also made friends with the lifeguard. At 7:10, it was just he and I. So, we struck up a conversation. He's a nice guy too, but in the course of things, he offered up that he was 25 years old. And I was all, "Man! Why would it be a bad idea for a someone my age to date someone his age?" And I couldn't come up with an answer until, I saw him smoking in the parking lot as I was leaving the Y. Then I was was all, "Oh yeah, that's right, because he's 25 and working as a lifeguard at the Y. Yeah, that's why it wouldn't really be a good idea. Right, got it."

So, last night I spent a good portion of the evening working on lesson plans for school, and the good news is that I got a good start on how I'm planning on moving my first week of school. Again, hands in the air, let's show me some love!

While I was plotting and planning, I had a rerun from VH1 on ... some of the top songs of the 80s, which, come on folks, the 80s were my high school heydays! But while listening to the special, I came to a realization, and that is, that I was (and to a certain extent, still am) a closeted hard rock, big hair band groupie wannabe! There were some great 80s songs they highlighted, and I sang along with them all ... lurid, disgusting lyrics and all. If my mother had known what I was listening to back then, well, let's just say, she's lucky I didn't kick the traces and start touring with the groupies of Poison!

Here's a sampling of the songs that rocked my teenage world back then, and, let's face it, they STILL rock my 30-something world now! On any given day, you might just see me zippin' by you, windows down, radio cranked up, me screeching right along with one of these groups ... (yes, I am a candidate for hearing aids ... relatively sure of that one) ...
  • Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake
  • Every Rose Has It's Thorns -- Poison
  • Don't Stop Believing - Journey
  • Jump -- Van Halen
  • Walk this Way -- remake with Aeorsmith and Run DMC
  • Sweet Child of Mine -- Guns n Roses
  • Pour Some Sugar on Me -- Def Leppard
  • Livin' on a Prayer -- Bon Jovi
I'm telling you ... I was a BIG BAND GROUPIE wannabe and just didn't even know it. I certainly had the hair for it, though. That's a sad admission on my part. Thank goodness, we all get better with time.

Speaking of music, I've got to admit something to the blogosphere, and this is nothing short of embarrassing ... are you ready for the confession?

Here goes ...

I love the new New Kids on the Block song. Yes, that's right, I like the song Summertime. I can't help it. I missed the NKotB mania the first time around ... I was a bit old for their version of "pop." However, the "kids" have grown up, and they're sort of hot, and I'm all about hot men romping around on the beach, which is what they're doing in the video. And just rereading this sentence has made me very ashamed of myself ... I'm going to need to go and wash something out with soap, I'm pretty sure of it.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Let's not forget Moany-Monay; Sweet Home Alamba; AC/DC; Jimmy Buffet. Wow, twenty years ago....opps did I say that out loud!
NeeCee
Anonymous said…
i love them all!!! ~shanny
Anonymous said…
The lyrics are running through my mind as I'm typing...Sounds like a hit list to me too!!!
~Denise
Elly Gilbert said…
Last night I went to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and it was AWESOME. I felt pretty young since most of the audience was in their 60's. Alas, he did not sing Stairway to Heaven so I was a teeny bit disappointed!

Popular Posts