VISITS AND VISITING

I LOVE having visitors! It's so much fun hosting people in my home.

Since I've moved down here, I've begged my friends to come down and visit me in this incredible place I now live.


This year, I've had the pleasure of hosting Carrie, my parents, and just last night, my friends Jeff and Abby.


Jeff and Abby and I met when Jeff and I both worked at Albion College. Student Affairs and Alumni Relations can chew you up and spit you out, and we all started hanging out as a form of survival, I believe! There was a whole group of us that used to have parties and crazy canoe trips and basically time to just blow off steam.

Jeff and Abby left Albion and headed to Greeley, CO. From there, they traveled to LaGrande, OR, and then finally, landed back home in Morgantown, WV. Now that they are in West Virginia, which, really is just "over the hill," we started talking about maybe getting together, since it'd been six or seven years since we last got together.


Life got in the way ... you know how it is ...

A couple months ago, Abby emailed me to let me know that they would be passing through, and could we all maybe get together for lunch. Well, long story short, lunch turned into dinner and an overnight stay, which I was completely thrilled about because let's face it, seven years is a long time to catch up on life in one long lunch.


Last night, we ate at Buddy's Pizza, had ice cream at Baskin Robbins, and wandered around Frankfort, walking a bit around the capital (too humid, hot to do much walking). It was great to catch up, see the video of their recent trip to Costa Rica (they take the most fabulous trips!!), and just hang out.

Here's a photo of Jeff and Abby in front of the Governor's Mansion.

We're talking about getting together possible during my fall break. We shall see ...


Anyway, it was good to visit with them!

And, for all my friends that have yet to come and visit, my doors are always open ...

Comments

Popular Posts