HUMP DAY MUSINGS ... OR RANDOM RANTINGS OF A MAD WOMAN

Could it be possible that this week is half over?

Please! Let it be so!!

We started our standardized testing this week, and I would like to pull my hair out by the roots, let's just leave it at that.

I could spend the next umpteen paragraphs "going off" on standardized testing, but I'm so over it, so, instead, I will "go off" on the folks I continually see at the Circle K.

First, the folks that stand and buy their paychecks-worth of lotto tickets ... are you serious? Really? Is it really worth ALL the money you are throwing back at the state? I'm just wondering ... of course, the same could be said for those that sit in front of slot machines as well. But this brings me to another point, have you ever noticed that the folks that buy 10 and 20 lotto tickets in one visit, they all dress alike? They all do their hair EXACTLY alike (so much hair spray that it naturally forms a hard shell around their heads, much like the Magic Shell ice cream topping)? They all chain-smoke?!?!?

Is there some sort of training for this that I'm not aware of? I mean, not that I'm interested in said training. I just like to know when I'm missing out on pertinent pop culture-type information, and this seems sort of like I'm missing out on something.

Coffee ... let's have a little word about coffee, shall we?

Anyone that has been reading this for any length of time knows that I will unabashedly declare my love for coffee (this could explain my singleness only slightly). If you've been reading for long, you know I'm a coffee purist. Straight up BLACK ... don't mess with flavors mixing and mingling in the gloriously, rich sludge that is a stiff black cup of coffee ... or in my case, a pony keg-sized mug.

So, you understand why I wanted to reach out and strangle the girl that poured more cream into her cup than coffee AND THEN had the audacity to add SIX packets of sugar, taste it, and then add six more!

SWEETIE!!!! Just go take a hit off the soda syrup container in the back! That might get you closer to what you're trying to do to that poor, innocent container of coffee. It never did anything to you ... not one thing!

Honestly, truth be told, I really have no business being out in the public during standardized testing ... during the "END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR" craziness, for that matter. Nothing good comes of it ...

Just thank goodness that it's Wednesday, and I have a weekend to recover ... just in time to come back and face another week of standardized testing.

Where's my coffee!?!?!??!?

Comments

Popular Posts