WELCOME TO THE MONSOONS!

We've apparently arrived at monsoon season here in the Bluegrass ... or monsoons have arrived here to us ... I'm tired and no longer capable of making sentences work.

Anyway ... what was I saying?

Yes! Monsoons ... they've arrived in the Bluegrass, and it's absolutely amazing the extent to which the Kentucky River has risen. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Today marks day two that I've pulled into the parking lot here at school and have found a poor schmuck hanging out in the control room of the flood pumping station here at our playground/parking lot area. There are all sorts of buttons and dials and stuff in there, and I'm assuming, what with the river being sooooo high, some poor city worker must sit there, all day and all night (in shifts, of course), and wait to make sure nothing happens with anything.

Sounds like a total gas ... NOT!

In other news, the crap floating down the river (at break-neck speeds, by the way) is amazing. You see it all. Prime example, three years ago I saw a washer (or dryer, couldn't figure out which) float past the school. A. WHOLE. ENTIRE. WASHER.

Yesterday, I saw a buoy float by, and the irony of it was that it said, "DANGER!"

Ummm ... you think???

Comments

Popular Posts