IS THAT ... WHAT ... WAIT ... IS IT?

There are only 10 days left until the end of school. Not that I should be counting, but darn it, I am!

These days, I go home, park it on a cushy chair, place the remote in hand, and drool until it's time for bed. Emmy the Kitten and I do discuss important daily events like, "when was the last time I cleaned out your pan, cuz the house smells gross," but really, it's all about tossing kitty toys around the room and drooling in front of the TV.

Last night, I was bored but didn't have the energy to get up and walk the three steps it was going to take to get to my book. So I started channel surfing.

As I zipped past C-SPAN, I saw a face that looked vaguely familiar. "Wait!" I hollered, jarring Emmy from a little cat nap. "Was that?"

I flipped back, and there was that face from my past. It was at this point that her name flashed on the screen, and I realized this was a woman that I gone to college with. Wow! Leslee Fritz, the director of Economic Recovery for the State of Michigan. Seriously impressive.

Huh ... and I teach 4th graders.

Although, in retrospect, I'm thinking my job is just a smidge easier than hers right now!

Comments

Popular Posts