SAYING GOOD-BYE AND GETTING READY FOR THE FLOODS

So I just left my parents to pack up their stuff and head back to Michigan. Another good visit was had by all ... at least I hope, what with the torrential down pours and incessant raining and the rising rivers and such ... I mean, I think they had a good time. I know I did. Has it just been a week?

They came down with designs on a snappy new front door for Ann, and if you'd seen her old one, you would know why this new door is soooooo nice for her. Okay, yes, there was, apparently a teeny tiny bit of a snafu in it's installation, and, quite possibly, no "farting instructions," but I saw it the other day, and it looks great!

I also got a practically brand new TV out of the deal ... anyone know where to get rid of an old TV so it doesn't land in the landfill?

Anyway, our BIG TRIP for this visit was actually a little jaunt down the road a piece to a place called Wilmore, KY, and the Highbridge and Palisades area. It was absolutely gorgeous ... the DIXIE BELLE boat ride was a lot of fun, and I think we all wished we could have stayed on the water longer!

I will be posting photos later provided the weather holds up and we don't receive those crazy and slightly severe storms they are calling for later on this afternoon ... ahhhh! Spring in the Bluegrass.

At any rate, tonight will be laundry, possibly some bathroom touch ups, and then relaxing, with some retro-fitting of floaties on the truck ... I might need them tomorrow to get to work! I'm also looking forward to a nice visit with my friend Elly tomorrow night at our favorite wine place. It's going to be a regular gab fest, and I can't wait!

I'm excited, because my parents were opening the season of guests to Megan's House! In about a month and a half, I get to welcome Denise, Sam, and the girls to CASA DE MEGAN AND EMMY, and if they can hack being in my cozy little place, I think we're going to have a blast!

Miss you already, Mom and Dad, but you know CASA DE MEGAN AND EMMY is always open for you!

Happy Floody Thursday, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts