IS THAT WHAT I LOOK LIKE?

I was talking to a friend recently. We were chatting about people we'd worked with, and she started catching me up on the gossip of all the employees I remember. There was this one individual ... she and I used to be friends. Then, I guess because of circumstances, we drifted apart ... well, she's always been what one might term "terminally desperate." She gloms on to anything of the opposite sex and oozes all over them. It's apparently becoming more pronounced as she's hit her 30s. The latest news is that she's attached herself to the hip of "the new guy," and it's not pretty. EVERYONE in the place recognizes the display she's making. The only person that doesn't notice how silly it looks is her. Sadly, folks are beginning to question her priorities at her job, a job she's good at. According to my friend, she complains loudly when things don't go her way at work, and for some co-workers, they're beginning to question the amount of time she spends flirting with said new guy ... that perhaps if she spent more time with her job and less with New Guy, she'd have room to complain.

This makes me resolve to NEVER, NEVER lose my mind over a man ... EVER! I have, and I know I look ridiculous, and it's not pretty, and I NEVER want to look like this girl. NEVER!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts