AM NOW ACCEPTING GOLD STARS ... BEGINNING ... NOW!

It was one of my humble New Year's Resolutions ... to eat healthier, but to make more meals here at home. And to try ... try, try, try to stay away from fast food. You see, I feel like the nodules in my thyroid were directly related to the foods I was eating, namely the hormones that are pumped into processed foods.

Tonight, as I left school, having had TWO meetings, back to back, the last thing I wanted to do was to cook A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I wanted Taco Bell to cook it for me ... or Wendy's, with her perky little braids.

Then I remembered the resolution.

And I thought about my refrigerator and freezer ... both full of food.

Not to mention my cupboard of canned this and that ...

And I heard my mother's voice loudly echoing in my head, "You don't need to waste your money on that crap. It's not good for you. Eat at home."

Guess what?

I ate at home ... a cooked from scratch meal ... without an ounce of processed anything in it ... unless, of course, you count the half of my right pointer finger knuckle, and then you might have to count a bit of processed something. But other than that, I avoided the fast food frenzy ... the cholesterol and fat, and I enjoyed a home-cooked meal at home.

Oh yeah ... I'm adorning myself with gold stars!

Comments

Denise said…
Good for you! What did you fix?
Denise said…
Good job! What did ya fix?
Megan said…
I made Creamy Mac n Cheese (not the box kind but by scratch!) and Southern Style Stewed Tomatoes!!! :)

Popular Posts