NOT MAKING THIS UP

I paid a small bill at the hospital yesterday. They'd charged me $50 as a co-pay for my surgery. Recently, I'd gotten the break down of the damage, and it was A LOT of damage. All I've got to say is THANK GOODNESS FOR INSURANCE.

So, while I was at the hospital getting bloodwork done, I thought I'd pay the bill, and just check and see if ther was anything else they had racked up on the old account.

The young girl, who looked like she was about 12 years old, tapped a couple of buttons and said, "Hmmmm ... your account says $9,000."

"Well, I said, I've not received an EOB. So, I'll just wait. I'd met my deductible for the year before my surgery. So, I'll just wait."

"Still, it says that you owe $9,000."

"But I've not received any EOBs yet, and I never pay anything until I get those EOBs."

"You account says you owe $9,000."

"Well, even if I did owe $9,000, you wouldn't be getting it in one big check now. Good grief!"

Fast forward to last night, when I finally picked up my mail, and lo and behold ... an EOB.

And here's where it gets really, really funny, because, you see, Humana doesn't want to pay just yet, because they're a little iffy on whether Dr. V digging around in my neck to retrieve not one, but two nodules that, at some point, could have turned cancerous, doesn't seem medically necessary.

Really? Because, I mean, doesn't every one think it's a kick and some giggles to get their neck sliced open?

I certainly did!

WHO IS SMOKING CRACK AT HUMANA????

I want to know ... then I can sign them up for a thyroidectomy. They're a gas!

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Humana is the devil. I've had many a testy conversation with those totally bland customer "service" reps. The medical field is one big rip of after the next. All I'm sayin' is that we are in the WRONG business!

Popular Posts