TO DO LISTS

Oh the growth!! The beautiful, beautiful growth! You don't understand the joy I'm experiencing at my personal growth, folks!

You see, I'm sort of what you would call a whiner when it comes to overwhelming tasks. Rather than just getting busy and doing IT -- whatever IT maybe -- I tend to sit down, whine about it, moan and groan, and THEN, finally, when I've exhausted all of my whining efforts, only then do I get it all done.

I've turned a corner.

I've turned over a new leaf.

I've grown, people!

Today, after a lovely, semi-relaxing long weekend, I was greeted by a TO DO list the size of a small nation ... let's say the United Arab Emirates, for sake of example.

Normally, when greeted with such a list, the blood pressure increases by ten or twenty, and I begin the process of seeking out chocolate, much like a heat-seeking missile.

Today, however, it was different. I organized my to do list, stacked the piles I no longer needed, and began attacking the list. All the while, I sipped coffee, smiled, and laughed jovially ... JOVIALLY, oh dear readership.

Yes, this is growth, my dears. Pure, unadulterated growth.

When I finish patting myself on the back, I plan to get back to that TO DO list.

Comments

Popular Posts