FEELING IMPATIENT AND OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS

So, despite a part of my brain telling me I needed to wait until I heard a definitive "YES!" on my closing date, another part of my brain told me to go ahead and start packing stuff up because waiting until the last minute was more than my entire brain, and let's face it, my emotional self, could take. And so, for the past four or five days, I've been tackling a few boxes at a time until I've now massed probably 12 containers full of "stuff" currently stacked in my living space downstairs.

I spoke with my mortgage guy today, who is nothing if not the male version of Pollyanna, who said everything is "Fine, just fine. Just a couple of things I've got to work on from my end." Since the economic crash, banks and mortgage companies and the like have become jumpier than a lady of ill-repute in church. As a result, they are nit-picking every little detail of every little detail ... and so things are taking forever, it would seem. I just wish everyone would recognize my time line. I have one, you know, but no seems to want to follow it.

I have managed to create a gigantic MESS in my townhouse, as you can see from this photo. This mess only aids in amping my stress level up a few notches.

Still, I continue with my plans of getting things packed and ready to move. Either way, I've got to move. I'm just praying it's to this new house! My dad insists I have nothing to worry about ... that it's the banks being the banks. When did he get so mellow and chill?

In other, equally as riveting news, I am getting back on track with a desire and need I've had for some time now ... to make everything homemade again. Meaning, I need to stop buying so much stuff randomly at the grocery, and I need to start being purposeful about what I purchase. I am also finding it necessary to really think about how to stretch my grocery budget as far as I possibly can.

Today, I ate left overs for breakfast and lunch, and I made homemade Mac n Cheese with steamed tomatoes for dinner. LOADS and LOADS of mac n cheese left over. Bonus!

I'm in the market for some yummy, cheap casseroles. Send the recipes my way, if you've got some good ones.

Comments

Popular Posts