I can't sleep, but I have a house!

I'm not sure if it's that I fell asleep downstairs on the sofa and took a three hour nap or if it's excitement or worry or the endless list of things that need to be done OR, quite possibly, the ABSOLUTELY freakish CSI I watched earlier, but here it is, 2:30 a.m., and I can't sleep.

Lot's to do tomorrow, and I'm going to need my beauty rest. Aahhh, but sleep eludes me.

A little over 12 hours ago, I became a homeowner. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. It will, I'm sure, just about the time that I have to write out that first mortgage payment, I'm guessing. Right now, though, it's still so surreal. And let's be honest here, I've had no real time to let any of it sink in, really ... why, within an hour of signing the last paper, I had already made my third trip to Lowe's in as many days. In fact, I am close to being on a first name basis with the Cute Appliance Dude there. Yet another reason for the beauty rest, people!

I've packed and piled and dusted and cleaned and scrubbed and pretty much fried the linings of my nasal cavities with the fumes from the cleaning products, all in anticipation of this move. The HUGE pay-off is that by this time tomorrow, I will be in my cozy NEW HOUSE, hopefully snoozing away with a cat close by!!

YAY ME!!

Home ownership isn't for sissies, I'm coming to realize -- that's okay. I'm up for the challenge -- I think! However, Cute Appliance Dude seems knowledgeable in the ways of home ownership. Perhaps I should cultivate that further ... I need a good-looking handyman on retainer ... someone willing to work for food.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's official!!!!!!!!!!

Nee-Cee

Popular Posts