I'm closing on a house and other things that prove I'm a Big Girl

I got the call I've been waiting for finally! I have a sorta closing date ... either Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

All of a sudden, my home ownership is more of a reality than ever, and I find myself scared and excited and overwhelmed and giddy and happy and relieved and panicked ... all in one! I'm told this is normal.

After 14 long years of renting, I am finally going to own a house of my own, and I couldn't be happier. I excited because finally I have the freedom of paining my walls any color I'd like ... including fuchsia, if I so desire, which, by the way, I don't. I can hang a picture at 2:30 in the morning and not worry about waking up any neighbors, and if I get the bug in my bonnet to clean at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday, I can, without worrying that my vacuum cleaner is going to wake the dead.

I can do whatever I want because it will be MY HOUSE!

I have a lot of stuff that I need to do ... piddly little things in the whole grand scheme of things, but items that need to be taken care of ... the sign you are a true home owner, the TO DO LIST is already good and lengthy.

On the heels of finding out that I get to sign a bajillion papers, thus inducing a permanent case of writer's cramp, I also discovered that Lowe's is having a sale on appliances, gutter guards, and down spout extensions, all of which I need. Further proof that I am finally growing up.

Comments

Popular Posts