Officially, it's been a week

This time last week, I was waking up in my very own home. The house that I now own. No one else owns it; just me!

I made coffee. I stood and surveyed the piles of boxes and STUFF, and I smiled to myself, thrilled at and in awe of how God all worked it all out.

Here I am, a week later, and I'm STILL unpacking boxes -- not as many, thank goodness! I'm getting used to the sounds the house makes when I walk across the hardwood floors. I'm getting used to the cars that drive by, and the way their headlights play on my living room wall at night. I'm figuring out the neighborhood dogs' rhythms, and I'm still trying to figure out what car goes with what house. But as I stand looking over the living room, coffee cup in hand, I am again struck by the excitement and awe of how God allowed this all to fall into place.

The house is still mine, and I LOVE it! Nothing has changed in that department. In fact, those feelings have perhaps gotten even stronger. From the very first time I stepped through that door, I felt like I was coming home!

I am home, and it feels good. And as I stand sipping my coffee, a few less boxes in place, I am amazed at how I got to this point ... how I landed in Kentucky, in a town I truly love to live in, with a job I love, and surrounded by people that are absolutely amazing. I love this life!

Comments

Popular Posts