You can tell a lot about a person based on their Catch-All Room


I have a Catch-All Room. Some might argue that I have a number of Catch-All Rooms, but in my mind there is only one. Currently, mine is my guest bedroom/office. After spending the great majority of the day yesterday packing it up, I am really hoping my resolve to become more organized actually "sticks" this time because, honestly, I inhaled enough dust to host a couple of colonies of dust mites within my nose alone.

Here are some embarrassing things I discovered while packing (dumping) items in more boxes than I care to count:
  1. Why does a person spend $12 on a wrapping paper keeper and then store SIX rolls of wrapping paper NOT in the keeper but right next to it?
  2. I have a SERIOUS allergic reaction to filing paper it would seem. Juxtapose to that, I have a SERIOUS allergic reaction to giant piles of papers in a laundry basket. You can see where I am in a bit of a conundrum where paper management is concerned.
  3. While I've really done a good job (for me) paring down the random crap that accumulates in my life, I still have an inordinate amount of it floating around in the cracks and crevices. At some point, this will need to be dealt with ... probably sooner rather than later, I'm afraid.
  4. I really like walk-in closets, not for their accessibility to clothes, but for their sheer ability to contain massive amounts of "I'm Not Sure What To Do With This" items.
Today, it's my job to finish up, what I'm lovingly referring to as, The Packing Project in the Black Hole. I will then begin working on my bedroom and the last bits of the kitchen.

I don't want to jinx anything, but in the six moves I've made, this packing process has been the smoothest so far ... despite my hoarder-like tendencies.

Comments

Popular Posts