What's for dinner?

I rocked the culinary world this evening. I don't mind admitting it.

I bought some chicken breast on sale a few months back, and when I was pulling out one or two out of the freezer to do with whatever it was I was going to do to them, I noticed on the packaging it said that these particular cuts were "good for chicken scallopini recipes."

Well, I decided to look for chicken scallopini recipes, and I found one that I ...
a.) had all the ingredients already in my home (and could find them in the moving disaster I currently live in),
and
b.) thought actually sounded good.

So, when I got home from my professional development this afternoon, I set the chicken out to thaw and began the process of creating CHICKEN SCALLOPINI.

It is here that I must report on the amazing marriage of tastes when you mingle fresh lemon juice with white wine and butter and chicken broth and capers! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!! I served it on a bed of rice with baby sugar peas and a little salad.

I made enough for leftovers tomorrow, and I have no doubt that the sauce, marinating overnight, will be even better tomorrow.

Yum ... yum!

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Yum-o! I am going to email you a link to a recipe for Minestrone that I made today that was soooo good, so healthy, and so easy!!! You could eat off of it for a week!

Popular Posts