Post-Halloween break down

For the first time in many, many, many years, I passed out candy. I mean, I'm finally in an honest-to-goodness neighborhood again ... where it's conducive to have trick or treaters.

I must say, there was a great amount of kids that came by ... probably close to 40. But I still have candy ... candy I'm not sure what to do with. I suppose I can take it to school, but I don't want to deal with the fall-out of that Sugar Atom Bomb. Perhaps I'll toss it all in my Prize Box.

I had some interesting costumes, none more interesting than the mom walking with her kids, dressed as, what I can only assume, was a street walker outfit. Wait! Maybe she was just getting off of work ... not entirely sure. Or the middle schoolers that sauntered by in face paint and street clothes. Their main objective was candy. Nothing more.

But I had some cuties too ... like the little Batman that opened my front door himself and walked right in! Or the little Butterfly that ran to my door and shouted, "I'm a butterfly!" Apparently, there'd been some question at houses previous to mine, so she thought she'd better beat me to what she felt would be the inevitable question.

I had Audrey, Jack and Sam ... all very excited about their candy and costumes and the fact that the cat was sticking her paw out from under the basement door. There was much jumping and shouting and giggling and showing of stuff to be had. I kinda felt badly ... like I should of had a trick or treat goodie bag for Elly and John ... say a bottle of wine, for instance.

I had Princess Maddie and Baby Brian. Actually, Maddie came as Cinderella, her favorite Disney Princess. Decked out in all the jewels and shoes and sparkly what-not, I can't help but admitting that I felt slightly under-dressed in my own home! Princesses have that effect on people, don't you know?

Lest we forget Maggie the Bumblebee ... my friend's teacup chihuahua, that served as the prep team that cleared the path for the late-arriving Powell Children, dressed as characters from Toy Story, all very cute!

Overall, Halloween was a huge success, and I believe I will be doing it again next year!

Comments

Popular Posts