Gotta love a deal

The color scheme in my bedroom will eventually be black and white with hints of a dusty, light, airy, girlie pink. I've been gathering stuff as I find it, and today, I ran across the DEAL OF THE CENTURY a la Pier 1 Imports ! These beaded pink pillows were originally priced at $34.95 each. They were in a clearance bin today, marked at $3.48 a piece! Well, of course, I jumped on such a deal.

The pillows pictured below are a bit posey-posey there on my bed currently ... I quickly posed them specifically for the photographic moment, if you will. Minus the ugly green blanket that is on my bed for obvious reasons (sic, CAT), the room is beginning to shape up nicely.

I'd love to find just the right pink shade or black and white shade for that antique lamp next to my bed. And perhaps, a lovely, furry-like pink throw for the foot of my bed (that would eventually turn gray due to a certain pampered puss).

In my master bath, I'm toying with the idea of painting all the nasty, cheap wood treatments (mirror, toilet paper holder, and towel rack) black, and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a large black and white print to hang in there as well. My only problem with that print is that I spray hairspray in there, and then end result wouldn't necessarily be pretty.

Just about the time I am done getting it all just the way I'd like it, my tastes will change, and I will be on the hunt for something else. The hunt is certainly fun though.



Comments

Mom said…
How big a panitng? Maybe I could whip up a modern artsy fartsy thingy in black and white and shades thereof
Anonymous said…
I love how our critters change our decorating themes. I have a chocolate lab, so therefore I have a darker couch and throws because he needs to be a huge lap dog!! By the way those pet hair contraptions by Pledge really do work. You don't need to replace it when it is full, you can simply clean it out. Thank goodness for modern pet hair technology. UGH!

NeeCee

Popular Posts