Yay for jammies

So, let's recap, shall we?

I woke up at 11:59 p.m., 1:something a.m., 3:something a.m., and, finally, 4:20 a.m., and was thoroughly exhausted by 6:15 a.m.

Looked at the calendar, and I realized, with much clarity, why my kiddos have been acting like they've all lost their minds ... FULL MOON.

7:30 a.m. rolled around, and I could hear them, literally, bouncing off the walls in the hallway. I made a concerted effort to drink a few extra gulps of coffee before I opened the proverbial gates because I know I'm going to need those precious drops of Life Blood.

8:00 a.m., I hauled my kiddos down to the gymnasium for the always-fun-for-me event we like to call School Wide Meeting. It's always fun for me due to the fact that my long, albeit fat, legs do not fit in those bleachers very well ... so that by the end of the SWM, my knees are killing me from being folded up under my chin for 30 minutes. A kindergartner I was sitting next sneezed, sending snot E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. -- my coffee mug being one of the everywhere's. I quietly cursed as I closed the top and reminded myself to disinfect the mug when I got home from school (which I forgot to do, DARN IT!). I also cursed my poor clothing choice as my sweater kept sneaking up my back, revealing things the fifth graders behind me didn't really need to see. Let's be honest here, I don't even want to see what I was revealing.

8:30, 8:31, 8:32 ... 9:23 ... I have repeated myself more times than I care to, and it went something like this. "If you can not play this math game the correct way ... did you forget who I am meeting with this afternoon for Parent Teacher Conferences?"

10:55 a.m. I transport my kiddos to lunch, and then I attempt to fill out three pieces of very-important-paper-work-that-I-should-have-gotten-to-you-before-this-but-would-you-mind?

11:25 a.m. We cleaned out our desks in anticipation of the Parent Teacher Conferences because for some reason, my kiddos are horrified at the idea of their parents seeing a messy desk. Forget the behavior reports that I will be giving Moms and Dads, it's the idea that their parents might actually have a visual rendering of just what rock formation looks like when papers and what-not become impacted in one's desk.

12:00 p.m. I got my kiddos on various buses and in cars with well-wishes and "please be carefuls," and I high-tailed it out to get something quick to eat so that I could ACCOMPLISH GREAT AMOUNTS OF STUFF THAT IS PILING SO HIGH IT THREATENS TO BURY ME before Parent Teacher Conferences begin.

12:22 p.m. I made it to the Wendy's Drive-Thru window ... finally ... just as the snow begins to fall. Natives are in a panic at the sight of the evil white flakes.

12:40ish p.m. I made it back to the building ... scarfed down a bad lunch ... signed up some unsuspecting cell phone user -- not me -- for school closing alerts for my school ... signed up myself *this time* for those same alerts ... got all my paper work organized for the Parent Teacher Conferences ... made a GAGILLION copies.

2:01 p.m. I received the announcement that the Parent Teacher Conferences have been postponed. Curse under my breath.

3:01 p.m. Slip slide home, wherein, I lost control on the turn on to my road, regained control momentarily, only to lose it once more, and slide one quarter of the way down my driveway sideways.

3:20ish p.m. Commenced to breaking something vital on my body while spreading a HIGHLY combustible substance that may or may not be a salt-like material on my driveway. It did exactly NOTHING to melt the snow. Bonus!

Yay for jammies. When is spring?!


Comments

Popular Posts