NEVER KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN

Did you know that on an electric stove, you can, literally, unplug the burner from the hole in which it rests on the stove top?

Oh yes! It can be done!

I whipped up a batch of my mother's famous sloppy joes this evening, and somehow, during the preparation of said sloppy joes, I managed to squirt ketchup all over (and under) the burner behind the one I was using. Of course, I didn't notice this mess until after it had been cooked to a fairthy-well by the neighboring burner's heat.

It was sheer providence that I happened to be washing dishes and wiping down all the counters with my hot, soapy dish rag. So, I took the burner, lifted it up, and tried desperately to reached the drying ketchup. And that's when it happened ... the whole ding-danged thing came off in my hand.

An unsavory word was uttered as I stood staring at the burner in my hand, a myriad of excuses for my property manager tripping through my brain. It was then I realized that there was some sort of plug affair on one side of the burner, and, folks, I swear, I light bulb popped up over my head.

"These things unplug?!?" I practically shrieked.

In true ADHD fashion, I forgot what I was doing, and I unplugged every single one of them, plugged them back in, and then unplugged them again, just for the fun of it. Then, since I had the hot, soapy water anyway, I tore the stove top apart and scrubbed every last inch of it!

The bright gleaming aura coming from the centralish part of the United States is, in fact, my nicely cleaned stove top!

I won't mention that this is my third electric stove I've used in the course of nine years. It would just make my mother slap her hands to her head and mumble sadly to my father, "we spent how much money for her private education?"

Comments

Oh. My. Lanta.
Megan said…
It's part of my charm ...

Popular Posts