WHAT THE HECK IS A 1099-MISC FORM?

If you hear of a 30-something female that has either:

A) thrown herself in front of a Jim Beam truck (there's a distillery just down the road)

OR

B) been carted off to jail because she screwed up royally,

please be forwarned that the 30-something female in question is me! I am doing my taxes for the first time in my life ... all .... by ... myself.

So far, I've managed to log three phone calls in a 5-minute span to my sister (whose response was, "you call me one more time, and I will refuse to answer it! Do these taxes on your own! You are a big girl!") and two phone calls in a 15-minute span to my father (whose response was, "When I get home, I'm planning on doing some yard work, so I will be unavailable for anymore of these tax questions for a while" but what he was really thinking was "I really hope she finds an accountant to marry!").

Comments

Anonymous said…
We have just been looking at some of the horse "farms"down there.Quite the business productions. Try to find an accountant that works for one of them!
Megan said…
Yes, because that's easier than finding a regular guy on any given regular day!
Um, I'm not sure you did them COMPLETELY on your own. And I do believe what I told you was you could leave all the messages in the world but I wasn't going to take any more of your calls. You hadn't yet even gotten into the part where you actually do your taxes...
A Davis said…
DUDE!! they're not that hard... :) We already got all our refunds back. don't you just hate me now.

Popular Posts