OH MY GOSH!!!

On my 35th birthday, I was given many treats. One of the biggest treats for me was getting a personal greeting on this blog from one of my favorite author's, Adriana Trigiani. It made my day. Oh who am I kidding!? It made my whole year!

I must admit, however, that I was more than a bit skeptical. In fact, I sent a blanket email out to great number of my friends to see who, exactly, had played this fabulous practical joke on me.

Well, I now know that this was no practical joke. I did, in fact, get a personal greeting from the one and only Adriana Trigiani!

In the height of my "OH MY GOSH IT'S ALMOST SPRING BREAK I THINK I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND" week last week, I received the following email from my mother:

"I got on Adriana Trigiana's website and there was an email address for her. I liked this book so much that I emailed her (or who knows ... perhaps an assistant!) and she wrote back!"

This was my mother's email to Ms. Trigiani:

" Dear Ms Trigiana,
I just finished reading the last in the Big Stone Gap series. I loved it every bit as much as the first one. I couldn't put it down! My daughter turned me on to your books. She loves them as much as I do. Somehow you read her blog
http://teachersworld.blogspot.com at her birthday time (Feb. 21st) where she wrote that her sister had given her your book for her birthday. Trust me, your comment was the highlight of her birthday!
So often we read books and do not get a chance to let the author know how much we enjoy it.
I guess my favorite part was when Jack and Ave are in Scotland. It has been my dream to visit Scotland since I was a teen! You described it so well it just makes me want to go even more now!

Thanks for your great writing and very enjoyable books.
Jan M."

Well, dag-gone it, if Adriana Trigiani didn't reply to my mom!

"Jan darling,
Thank you for this fabulous email! I love your Megan! I was so happy to write to her blog on her birthday- a friend of mine saw it and alerted me! I hope you plan a trip to Scotland soon- you would LOVE it- really, it's so gorgeous and mystical- and the people are wonderful! xoxooxxo Adriana"

Now, I ask you this: HOW FREAKIN' COOL IS THAT!?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way Cool!!
Megan said…
I know, right?

Popular Posts