WELCOME SPRING 2007

Daffodils are in bloom ... Forsythia are brilliantly golden ... Birds are twittering loudly ... the Bluegrass is, well, it's green ... yep, Spring is here in the land of horses and bourbon.

To celebrate the entrance of Spring, my body decided to accept the ROTOR-ROOTER VIRUS. To explain this virus, any orifice in your body that is capable of spewing ick forward ... will ... and it takes FIVE DAYS -- count 'em, FIVE -- to rid your body of the unwelcome virus. Thankfully, I didn't have the full-blown ROTOR-ROOTER VIRUS. I had a watered-down version, which if I had to have it at all, the watered-down version was a good one to have!

Today was my first time outside of my townhouse since last Friday! It was good to "blow the stink off," as my father always says. However, I've wiped myself out! Watered-down or not, this stomach bug will knock your sea legs out from under you!

Elder-Beerman is having their GOODWILL SALE. While I was still in denial about having the aforementioned virus, I cleaned out my closet (well, I'm not completely done with the organization, but it's almost there!). If Ann, my sister, were sitting here right now, I do believe she'd give me a big ole kiss ... okay, at least a gold star. See, Ann's theory is that if a piece of clothing has not seen the light of day in the past 6 months, it needs to find a new home. In the spirit of Ann, I piled 20 items into a big bag and marched into Elder-Beerman. You see, all of my bras have decided to disintegrate in unison. This could prove to be very dangerous for onlookers and slightly problematic for me when out in public. So, I thought I would use some of the 20% coupons you get for donating clothing to Goodwill toward some new bras for The Girls.

I found three! Whoopee!

Now, the first two are the same style, and they are considered minimizers. When your talking about my chest, minimizing is a good thing. The third bra is a bit of a departure for me. It fits wonderfully, and when you are bra shopping -- I don't care what size you are! -- a good fitting bra is a MUST. Bra shopping is sort of like bathing suit shopping. A lot of trauma is involved, and it usually results in much therapy! So, I decided to go ahead with the purchase of the third bra. However, the departure with this particular bra is that The Girls point directly out ... they are like missiles ... weapons of mass destruction ... which I think could be good, but which also could be possibly dangerous. We shall see. I'm keeping the receipt just in case!

This purchase was not made without a call to my mother. "Are your boobs supposed to point directly out?"

God bless my mother. She gets calls like this from my sister and I all the time. After she finished laughing, my mother's non-committal answer was, "well, I guess that all depends."

Ahhh ... Spring! I'm going back downstairs and inhale the fresh scent of Spring from the comfort of my papasan chair.

Happy Spring one and all!

Comments

Popular Posts