CONVERSATION ON THE PLAYGROUND ON A WARM, SUNNY, SPRING DAY

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

"Miss Murray!! It's mating season!!!!" Les squeals loudly.

"What's mating season, Miss Murray?" Melinda asks, as she stands watching Les with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Good Lord in heaven," I think to myself. "What did I do as a child to deserve to explain this one?"

At this point, my mother is mentally ticking off a laundry list of ALL the things I did do to deserve to answer this question and much more!

"It's when a lot of animal babies are born and adult animals look for friends to hang out with for the rest of the summer."

"Yeah, and ...." Les interrupts. "It's also when ..."

"Hey Les! Look!" I point. "I think that's a bug. Go chase it!"

I'm just not equipped to discuss the birds and the bees with fourth graders. I barely understand them myself most days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
To heck with the conversation.....WARM? SUNNY? That alone made me jealous.

`2-E
A Davis said…
ha!! those dang kids...they'll get u everytime.

Popular Posts