IT'S FRIDAY! IT'S FRIDAY! IT'S FRIDAY!

I got to work late ... 6:55 a.m., rather than my normal 6:20 or 6:30 a.m. For anyone that knows me well, I'm hitting that brick wall ... where my proverbial wheels spin, and I go no where. Those last few days of school, if I manage to get there before the kids, it's a sheer miracle!

We were under a winter weather advisory last night. Now, that usually translates into a dusting of snow. It didn't really matter to me, because I still just wanted to cry. I think it goes back to my days in the north when we'd be teased mercilessly for a day, with sun and warmth, only to be dashed against the rocky cliffs of despair when another winter storm from HELL would bare down upon us.

Think I'm being melodramatic? Just ask one of my northern family or friends! They'll confirm the lack of melodrama in that statement!

Either way, to run around in flip-flops in the sun and then to have to deal with the possibility of snow? I can hardly stand it.

I WANT WARMTH! I WANT NO MORE WOOL! I WANT SUNSHINE and WINDOWS OPEN and BLOOMS BLOOMING!!!

Silver lining this whole thing, all I can say is TGIF! It's Friday ... I think I can manage it ... I think ....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thats what you get for makeing phone calls to those of us that live in the north with comments like I'm wearing flipflops & short sleeves & I have all the windows in my truck down . I told you pay backs were HELL .

Popular Posts