THANK GOODNESS FOR THE WARMER WEATHER CUZ P-T CONFERENCES WERE NOT FUN

Last night, we had parent teacher conferences. They were decent enough. I have fantastic parents and a great group of kids -- I'm really very lucky.

However, I always feel, at best, mediocre when I get done with conferences. For instance, last night, I was informed that I'm apparently boring two of my students to tears. In one case, the mom announced that she teaches her kid at home -- he's just more challenged at home. What this means is that anything I do in my classroom that would actually challenge and interest the child only continues to bore the crap out of this student.

Fantastic!

Very disheartening.

The silver lining is that today is Friday, and it's 57 degrees. I'm living dangerously and wearing my cute Crocs without socks today ... and a short sleeve shirt ... WITHOUT a jacket! Yep, I'm out on the edge.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is probably a good thing that I was not doing pt conference cause I would have told her if the kid was that bored why don't you pull the little shit out & home school him if you think you are doing such a better job !!!
Anonymous said…
I second that thought!!! Don't you think twice about it. I'm sure you're doing an awesome job!
~Denise
Anonymous said…
I would agree with Denise and your Pops, you are the bomb!

Popular Posts