IT'S RAINING, IT'S POURING ... THE OLD MAN CAN FINALLY COOL OFF

It feels normal around here now ... thermometers are sliding down to normal temps. Gotta love a good ole' fashioned summer rain storm.

As I sit and write this, I'm watching the horses across the road. They are right up at the fence (the closest they've ever been). It doesn't matter that much to them that it's raining; they merely stand under a pine tree and munch. That ... or they were coming down to gawk at the emergency vehicles that just flew past. I fear there's been a bad accident as rescue crews just followed the fire truck ... a good ole' fashioned summer storm creates a bit of chaos on the roads too.

I'm finally getting used to the accents down here. I'm a little ashamed to admit that they were grating on my last nerve all last week. DROVE ME CRAZY!!! It's not a lilting accent like what you might here in South Carolina. This is something all together different, and for what ever reason, it rubbed on my every last nerve. I would sit and stare at the TV just to hear folks talk like I do.

This has me thinking ... does my accent bother them? I had one kid point out to me the other day that I said the word LOCK funny. She tried to repeat it, and she sounded insane. I mean, flat out, gotta be institutionalized, INSANE. MY GOSH! Do I sound insane???? Does our northern accent make people sound deranged?

Comments

Popular Posts