ORANGE CONES ALL AROUND MY PROFESSIONAL LIFE

So, today was almost laughable. I sat in a staff meeting and listened to one of the principals announce to us that for the first time the district was in a serious deficit that would cause the powers to be to look at cuts.

I know, I know, just go ahead and start putting up the orange cones around my professional life!!!! No one came right out and said staffing cuts, but I think a lot people started reading between the lines.

Now, I gotta tell you, that I'm convinced that I'm down here for a reason. Stuff just wouldn't have fallen into place as quickly as it did otherwise. I am second guessing the whole education as a long term career goal, but I believe there is a purpose for me being here in Kentucky.

I sit here, slightly confused, a bit perplexed, and more than a little concerned, but knowing full well that there is a force greater than I working through all this. I will continue to do my job ... do it well ... and move on from there.

More to say about this subject, I'm sure ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH NO! This just can't be! Well stay positive and enjoy the ride...remember "Life is Good!"
Megan said…
Well, they tell me today, not to worry. It's just a financial snafu that the state is making a big deal about. Who knows. I will do my job, have my resume updated, and worry about next year about February or March. :)

Popular Posts