YOU LOOK MIGHTY FINE

This week has been a tough week for me. I am SOOOOOO behind on work, and it doesn't matter how much I work, it seems to get me further behind. This phenomenon has me stumped (so does the spelling of that word)!

Normally, I would wander into my friend, Carrie's room, plop my big butt on one of her student desks, and moan and groan about it for 10 minutes. She would nod, tell me she's going through the same thing, and then one of us would suggest going to Charlie's for lunch of dinner! Problem solved with an order of sour cream and chive fries!

I can't do that anymore due to the small, minor detail of living 7 hours away from Carrie.

The massive amounts of coffee I'm consuming doesn't seem to be doing a bit of good either. In fact, I ended up falling asleep on my couch last night trying to screwed up motivation to grade more papers. And TO DO LISTS??? Well, I've lost three out of the four I've written in the last two days!

So, it was a welcomed oasis in the middle of my otherwise stressful week when one of my students said to me as I walked by, "Well, Miss Murray. You are lookin' mighty fine today!"

God bless him! I would have kissed him out of sheer gratitude if it weren't for the fact that it very well may have been misconstrued as inappropriate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why does that sound SOOO much like me????? Hmmmm....maybe it's because we're related???!!!
(Don't feel bad, sometimes I do manage to make a list only to lose it before I get to the store, cross off the 1st item,etc, etc,etc.)

Popular Posts