WHAT'S A VOICE TEACHER?

As a middle school staff, we've been saying that we need to plan some "spontaneous" fun ... soon ... before we all lose our collective minds. We've even gone so far as to put it on our team agenda!

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Today, the suggestion was again made, this time via email, that we needed to plan some fun. That "all call" for more fun began a myriad of replies with creative (and no so creative) ideas for fun. One such suggestion was a Karaoke night. I've always wanted to Karaoke, but I usually end up losing my nerve at the very last moment. I mentioned this in my reply to everyone, stating that I always felt like I needed to prepare for it, and that if I didn't, I would humiliate myself and my voice teacher.

I received the following reply this afternoon ... sent to everyone, mind you:

"I got the email regarding the Karaoke night, and I was just wondering ... what's a voice teacher?"

I am not going to mention who asked me this, but I will say that I was a little non-plused. I mean, doesn't using the words VOICE and TEACHER together sort of imply what one is? Am I wrong? Should I have added the definition when I was replying to everyone?

I don't know; perhaps I was just being a bit too vague ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
go for the karaoke! i just might have to tell someone what a voice you have!

Popular Posts