KUDOS TO DENISE

This post is in honor of my good friend, Denise. She inspired me, and she didn't even realize it!

See, the other day, she sent me this great email filled with lots of newsy stuff about her day. I love emails like that from her. It keeps me connected to the life I left. I love my new life, but I sure do like being connected to the old one (hint, hint, keep those emails coming!).

So, she told me about her busy day (the girl is crazy, insane busy with two kids and all that happens with two kids), and she happened to mentioned that she had stuck beef and broth in the crock pot for beef and noodles. That did it! That started the whole ball of yarn rolling!

That reminded me that it had been absolute ages since I'd had beef and noodles, which got me thinking that I had an old, tough cut of steak in my freezer that I needed to use up. So, a thing of beef broth, a sprig or rosemary, and some tough steak later, I had the beginnings of some incredible beef and noodles. Well, the whole beef and noodles thing got me thinking about homemade baked goods, and before I realized it, I was whipping up a batch of chocolate pound cake to go into my bread machine (yep, it does cakes, too!). The smell of cake baking made me think I need to do some much needed organization in my linen closets, and that led to the thought that now that I've lived in this space for a few months, perhaps it was time to move somethings around (thus, my bedroom rearrangement this past weekend ... and the idea of tearing up my entire living room and rearranging it today). This snowballed into cleaning out my closets and giving to Goodwill (so I can make room for more Goodwill purchases of my own), which led to the idea of looking for my missing MLPP binders which then turned the corner on what to make for tonight's dinner which made me think of a warm, fluffy quiche, which made me wonder what a great idea Rosemary Bread in the bread machine which got me thinking that perhaps I've consumed an entirely INHUMAN amount of caffeine!

Whew!

Props to Denise!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks, sure didn't know I could be that inspiring! Makes my head spin to read what we both actually accomplished!!!

Popular Posts