CLOSE CALL

It was on my way home from a trip to the grocery store this evening ... that's when it happened!

I was buzzing down Georgetown Road, and I was annoyed. I was annoyed that this was my second trip to the store in 5 days ... and I was annoyed by the two off-duty cops that buzzed past me like their lives depended on it ... I was annoyed that it seemed to me that they weren't subject to the same rules of the road that the rest of us have to follow ... and I was annoyed because my third block class acted like a bunch of idiots today ... and I was annoyed because no less than five students asked me what a proper noun was -- exactly four days after an extensive note-taking session regarding the said definition ...

When I'm annoyed, I tend to plot and plan how I can roll the offensive peeve into a blog entry, and I was doing just that when I saw it ... only I didn't realize that I saw it at first ... that was, until both myself and the guy zipping down the road next to me, slowed down to barely a crawl, at the very same time. And that's when it hit me that I had witnessed what I'd just witnessed.

I witnessed an asteroid entering the Earth's atmosphere, and, ladies and gentlemen, it was headed straight for my townhouse!! I swear it! I would not have believed it myself if I'd not seen it with my own two eyes! And no! I was not drinking; although, with the day I've had, could anyone really blame me if I'd started?

What I saw could not be explained any other way than ... well, AMAZING! It was a large, white orb that glowed bright, with a long tail that turned green, blue, red, orange and then yellow before it disappeared ... probably into some other poor sap's living room -- thankfully, mine was spared tonight.

I've been privy to three shooting star incidents in my life. They've all been pretty cool, but this!!??!! This was unlike anything I've ever seen before, and that includes a pretty intense NORTHERN LIGHT show a few years back. It was so close ... I SWEAR IT WAS HEADING RIGHT FOR MY PLACE!

And that is how I had a very close call ...

Comments

Popular Posts