LIVING THE WRITERLY LIFE

I believe it was Lucy Calkins that encouraged writers to "live a writerly life." In otherwords, to embrace the gift and use it everyday.

Today, I purposed to work as diligently as possible on more chapters of my book ... yes, I'm attempting to write the next Great American Novel. Okay, yes, I girl can dream, too!

Except, I tend to be a bit ADD or ADHD, and I was distracted by myself more times than I cared to count. So, I decided to head downtown to a great little coffeeshop, have some hot tea, and write, long-hand, for a few hours.

Good call, Murray! I was VERY productive, and, in doing so, I got a glimpse into my future. This could be a reality for me ... this whole book/Great American Novel thing.

I leave you so that I may continue to live the writerly life ...

Comments

Popular Posts