SIMPLE MINDS, SIMPLE PLEASURES

While home for Christmas, I had the opportunity to have dinner and then hang out with my friend, Denise, and her husband, Sam. Sam busied himself with a movie while Denise and I talked non-stop for 3 or 4 hours about absolutely EVERYTHING! It was great!

At one point, early in the evening, Denise said to me, "oh you've got to see this!" Sam had a little laser pointer that their girls had talked Denise into buying as a Christmas gift for their cat, Princess.

"This is the best $5 I ever spent on an animal," I believe is what Denise told me, as Princess chased the little red dot around their living room. "You've got to get one for Maddie."

This last statement was made after I had finished telling Denise that my cat had needlessly mauled the individual I'd lined up to check up on her while I was away.

Not being one to have my animals left out of the "gotta have what the Jones' have" phenomenon, I ran right out to the grocery store in town, made a b-line for the pet aisle, and bought one. I spent the remainder of my vacation entertaining my parents two cats, Moses and Smudge, and was convinced that Miss Madison might be mildly amused by the little red dot.

Boy, was I wrong! The cat is obsessed with it!!! She will search the room we happen to be in for the red dot, until I turned the blasted thing on again and send her chasing it around the room.

This is a win-win situation for us both, I believe. Maddie might actually lose some weight in the deal ... OR ... she will get tired out and sleep more ... OR ... she will stop trying to tear apart my house in an effort to get more of my attention. Either way, I'm loving the person that thought this would be a great pet toy! I'm sending a little love out to Sam and Denise, too, for the great hook-up!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear Maddie is enjoying it. Believe it or not, Princess is actually begging to play now. I know this sounds absurd, and I wouldn't have believed it myself, except today I was the only one home and she stared at me intently until I got the silly thing out. I actually had her doing circles in the living room! Talk about funny!!!
Anonymous said…
With Maddie it is "Simple minds, simple pleasures!"

Popular Posts