FOOTBALL -- AN ANALOGY FOR LIFE

My friend, Erin, and I were in my new team mate Paul's room the other day. Somehow, in the course of conversation, Erin mentioned that she and her husband Joe were in the process of starting a family.

Paul, being the middle school football coach, replies, "Now, are you just doing drills? Are ya'll in scrimmages?"

Erin thought for a moment and then said, "I guess we're scrimmaging."

"Leave it to Paul to make football an analogy for life," I mumbled as we left his classroom.

Yesterday, however, Erin and I were talking with Kim and Micah, and Kim, mentioned that she and Jay were starting the whole "starting a family" process. So, Erin and I, being Erin and I, said, "Are you doing drills? Or are you scrimmaging?"

Kim laughed. "Well, I think we're actually in the games now. We just keep losing."

"The scores stacked against, Kim?" I asked sympathetically.

"Yes, the scores are stacked against us right now."

Beyond the fact that there are so many women on our staff right now that are pregnant or working on it and I need to make sure I stay away so I don't catch it, I CAN NOT BELIEVE we've all managed to run with Paul's ridiculous football analogy!

I mean, I guess he's on to something. Football may very well be an analogy to life ...

PERISH THE THOUGHT!

Comments

Popular Posts