I'VE MET THE MAN OF MY DREAMS ... MY NEW AUTO MECHANIC

Okay, you've heard me say this before ... I just L.O.V.E.D. my auto mechanic, John, back home. In fact, now that I think about it, LOVED doesn't come close to describing how much I trusted John with my automobile. LOVED is an inadequate term when measuring the fact that if he had told me to paint my truck purple with orange polka dots and change my steering wheel to handle bars with hot pink streamers on either end, I so would have because John is just that good.

He never once laughed at me or rolled his eyes when I came in with the "um, there's this noise coming from my who-gee-whacker-thingy-ma-bob underneath the hood that sounds suspiciously like a cat in heat" complaint. In fact, John would always listen very intently and then say, in a calm, deliberate manner, "Okay. We'll take a look and see what it is."

God bless him! He even drove Little Red around THREE DIFFERENT TIMES, one day, looking for the rattling in the what-cha-ma-call-it.

He's a treasure!!!

Despite my best efforts to woo John to franchise his business and plant an L&L Auto here in Frankfort ... and because, in part, to my proclivity for slamming into inanimate, non-mobile entities recently, I was forced to find a new auto mechanic.

David Toles Auto Pro, folks! They were awesome!! Not only did they fit me in to their already busy day to change my right headlight (not the result of slamming into yet another building, I must stress), but, Mr. Toles, himself, waved at me like an old friend, as I walked across his busy parking lot to drop off my key. He was extremely helpful when quoting me prices for a possible transmission flush or flood or change or something, and Denise, John's sister and business partner, assures me that his prices are very fair.

FINALLY! The man of my dreams ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
The man of your dreams is married.
Megan said…
Yep. Know that. You missed the entire tone of that blog.

Popular Posts