ORAL HEALTH ... AT SOME POINT, IT ALL GOES TO CRAP

I went to my very first dental appointment down here in Kentucky, and this is what I found out. I need a new bite splint, to the tune of $355. The old one doesn't fit anymore [in fact, I think I threw it out], and my jaw is now popping and cracking and "deviating to the left." I'm no dentist, but deviating can NEVER be good.

Also, I need to have my wisdom teeth need to be taken out ... by an oral surgeon. A.) That sounds expensive ... B.) That sounds painful ... C.) It sounds like a few days of recovery ... especially when the dental hygienist points to the bottom left one and says to me, "See this wisdom tooth right here? Yeah, it's not suppose to be laying on its side like that."

I didn't have just one set of Xrays taken. No, no. I had a new panoramic Xray also, because, apparently, I look like I am rolling in $100 bills!

Good times ...

Comments

Christy said…
You get great pain killers when you have your wisdom teeth cut out. Maybe that will take your mind off the cost.
Anonymous said…
Why do they call them wisdom teeth?!? They don't give you wisdom, just pain!!! But,it's not that bad, you just look like a chipmonk with nuts in your cheeks for a couple of days!!!
NeeCee
Megan said…
Great! So much to look forward to ....

Popular Posts