The parental units are in town for a week and a half or so. I've been really pulling out all the stops as far as my cooking goes. Oh, I can cook, don't get me wrong. I'm just usually pretty lazy when it's just me.

Yesterday, we decided to grill a sirloin steak we'd picked up at Frankfort's Farmer's Market, and to go with it, I made a killer salad ... mixed greens, cukes, green peppers (all fresh from the farmer's market), green onions, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, all topped with shredded cheese.

I placed the salad on the table and sat down for a few minutes to catch some of the news (and wait for the meat to grill away). Soon after, I started hearing this tinkling noise, like a soft, little bell. I sat for a minute or two trying to figure it out. Then some movement caught my attention, and I turned to witness Maddie the Cat, on the dining room table, eating the shredded cheese OFF OF THE SALAD -- her kitty collar bell knocking on the glass salad bowl as she gorged!

Thank goodness I was serving family, and we were all so ravenous we just didn't care ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too funny! I shared this with the girls and they chuckled too!
Megan said…
Of course, the epilogue to this particular story is that within 10 minutes of gorging on the cheese, Maddie decided to puke it all back up!!! Thankfully, all over the bathroom floor ...

Good times ...

Popular Posts