IMMUNITIES, EXOTIC BIRDS, AND OTHER ODDITIES ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON

I have developed an immunity to my deodorant. Of all the immunities that I could develop, one to my deodorant is not necessarily a good thing. In fact, one might even hazard a guess that developing an immunity to one's deodorant is a very bad thing. Besides, who knew one could even develop such a condition. I suppose, in the whole grand scheme of developing stuff, this is one of the better conditions in which to develop ...

Now, I must begin the arduous, and quite possibly, odoriferous task of finding a new deodorant. What a big, fat drag!

In other news, I witnessed a gentleman get out of his Toyota truck this afternoon with a parrot on his shoulder. Then, he walked around the other side of his truck and helped his other passenger out ... a cockatiel. The three of them walked to the coffee house and grabbed a latte, because that, my friends, is what you do on a Sunday afternoon in Frankfort, Kentucky.

Comments

Christy said…
That is not sanitary at all. Birds in a coffee house. Eew.
Megan said…
In the cockatiel's defense, he did wait outside on the park bench while the parrot and his master went in for the latte. I guess he figures that if sparrows can fly through Kroger and Walmart, what can a little ole' parrot do?
Elly Gilbert said…
It is a real shame that you aren't still teaching middle school, where immunity to deodorant is the norm for those few who choose to apply, and, after a nice long recess in the August sun, no one would notice your odor!
Megan said…
Elly, you crack me up!!! But you are right, I may very well have mixed in with the rest the of the stinky boys!

We need to get together sometime soon!

Popular Posts