THE THUNDERING HEARD 'ROUND FRANKFORT

Just so you are all well informed, freshly waxed floors, rain puddles, and flip-flops without traction are NEVER a good combination. N.E.V.E.R.

I went into school yesterday to try to work through the "aftermath of teacher crap explosion" that is my classroom. I happily bounced up the steps, open the door into the building, hit those shiny, new floors with my traction-less flip-flops, and, well, let's just say there were a lot of arms and legs flailing about, and it ended with a thunderous crescendo on the floor, on my left hip, buttock, thigh, and wrist. Ouch! What hurt worse was my ego, because witnessing the whole, ugly scene, was my new principal and the newest addition to our janitorial staff.

Oh well, I guess my principal better understand right now what he's getting into with me on staff. It's best not holding anything back, don't you agree.

Of course, my principal threatened to have the whole thing replayed, from the security cameras, on the first day of school. I mean, why not, right!? Put it on a billboard, for heaven's sake! If we're going to do it, let's do it up right!

Funny thing, though ... the doormat magically appeared in front of the door a few hours after my little skating routine. I think I at least deserve a 9.9 in score! It was, after all, a gold medal routine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
did you reinjure your back then?
Megan said…
I don't think so. I think I injured some new parts! :)
Christy said…
Super Star!!!! Glad you're okay.

From your description, your wipeout sounds comparable to the crash landing I took in front of Bath and Body Works.

Rich may post that survaillance clip on You Tube. You could be famous.

Popular Posts