RETURN OF THE ONE-ARMED MAN

She did it, folks. My neighbor down the way, that has had no less than 8 Frankfort police officers to her house for domestic violence calls, has invited the One-Armed Man back to live with her. He came "home" last week, and, apparently, he moved his crap, including his stupid mud-bogging truck on stilts, back in this week.

I DO NOT understand it. Really. What possesses a person to invite a person BACK into your life after he's threatened you, hurt you, made you feel like dirt? I don't get it.

Now, don't get me wrong. I COMPLETELY understand the need for relationship. I understand, implicitly, the desire each one of us has to be in relationship with other human beings. In our very basic fiber is woven this desire for human contact. In a few words, that is the way we were wired.

And trust me when I tell you, I've made MANY, MANY mistakes with men. Probably one of the reasons I am still single ... but I don't understand the mind set that says, "I'm better off being beaten than I am being single."

Anyway, I am crawling off of my soapbox now.

I suppose the up side to this is that I will at least get to see a few more Men in Blue. That should be entertaining, right?

Comments

Popular Posts