HAPPY POST THANKSGIVING!

It's been awhile since I've posted.

So sorry ...

I was dealing with a bout of tonsillitis courtesy of my allergies mixed with nasty 4th grade germs. Then, I hosted my parents for Thanksgiving.

I've had a wonderful time hanging with my family as I always do! And when my parents leave, I realize how much I miss hanging out with them and my sister. We always have such a good time together.

It's the second holiday season my sister and I are spending down here in Kentucky, and I'm glad to be able to create some new traditions. The first one being going to the Southern Lights display at the Kentucky Horse Park. The lights are so pretty, and despite the crazy crowds, for me, it really started the holiday season off right! I loved hearing all the Christmas music while we wandered through all the displays.

We spent a good deal of time at Ann's new house, helping with quite a few home improvement projects. While I don't personally feel like I did much to help out, I did finish a small painting job Ann was eager to get finished, and I did whip up a mean tuna fish casserole another day while dad, mom, and Ann were busy working on various little issues.

Overall, her house is looking great! She's a tiny bit closer to getting her place settled and looking fabulous!

It's so easy, at the holiday season, to get down, depressed, and homesick. I refuse. I am so blessed in so many ways. I have a roof over my head, and I have a good job. I have a family that I love and that I know loves me. Oh sure, we can all get on each other's nerves every now and again ... misunderstand each other ... generally act like idiots around one another. However, I think, when it comes right down to it, we love each other and would stick up for each other no matter what! So many people don't have that with their families. So many people haven't any relationship with their families due to the extreme disfunction. I am very thankful for my family!

Overall, it was a good start to the holiday season. It's my goal to savor every last bit of it. Perhaps I will pack my calendar full of stuff to do! I want to experience every tangible nugget of this time of year!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts