MY BIG, GIGANTIC HEAD

I came down with a head cold. Nothing to knock me completely out of commission, but just enough to muddy the waters quite a bit.

For instance, Carrie called me after school on Wednesday. I wasn't able to answer because I was teaching my after-school class, but I made sure to buzz her as I was driving home. She, however, was in the process of getting beautiful hair at the salon. So, I had to leave a message.

I left a rambling message about not feeling well ... wishing I had some one at home that would get me hot tea and dote on me ... and did Tom do that for her? Or did he just annoy the crap out of her when she was sick ...

I left all of that and more. Then I just set my phone down on the seat next to me.

I am not sure how much time went by ... what I might have said while motoring home in commuter traffic ... what I might have screeched to along with the radio ... because I don't remember how, exactly, I got up E. Main Street. It's all a bit foggy until the recorded voice from Carrie's voice mail shouted at me, "You have now run out of time for recording your message. Please hang up and call again."

It's a wonder I didn't run off the road!

Example number 2 ... looking at a small package sitting on my dining room table last night, I wondered out loud, "Hmmm ... wonder what this is?" And then realizing, with a sickening lump in my stomach, that it's the little something I planned to send to Denise on her birthday ... which was a few days ago! By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENISE!!!! You will have something winging it's way to you very soon!

Yeah, a good head cold makes for an interesting week. I can honestly say, I don't have a clue what I've taught my kids ... not one clue! I think we learned about coming up with a main idea in reading, but it's all a bit vague to me ...

Maybe that would explain the underwear on my head ....

Comments

Popular Posts