WAIT A SECOND! SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

Today is Election Day.

Kentucky is gearing up for a pretty hotly contested race for the Governor's seat. We shall see how it all ends.

I heard this announcement on the news this morning; "Don't forget citizens. Liquor sales will be suspended today for election day. It is illegal to be intoxicated at voting polls."

Okay ... wait a second!

I've never heard of such a thing ... stopping the sale of booze for an election!? Unbelievable!

While I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drink and vote in Michigan, I don't ever remember Michigan banning the sale of liquor on Election Day. Although, I could be wrong.

So, this is a problem in Kentucky? Have there been wide-spread drinking and voting epidemics? Hmmm ... have I been approaching my voting technique completely wrong all these years?

I mean, there might be a call for such a thing ... say, with the upcoming Presidential Elections. I mean with the plethora of shifty candidates we've got on both sides and the flip-flopping on "principles" that seems to be prevalent in our American politics these days, a fifth of bourbon and a yank on the old election poll lever might be just the thing to turn this country around ...

I don't know ... I'm just sayin' ...

Comments

Christy said…
I have a bottle of wine if you need something to get you through today.
Anonymous said…
Really sober while voting? Is Kentucky the only state that George W didn't win. No one sober could have voted for him. ~Tom Fisher
Tarheel Rambler said…
Unfortunately, the states that allow drinking and voting explains how George W. got to be President.

Popular Posts