BLUEGRASS WRITING PROJECT -- DAY 2 -- I SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY MOJO

Yesterday, they had us interview each other for two reasons:
1.) So we could get to know each other better,

and

2.) So, we could see how this strategy might work in our own classrooms.

I interviewed Erin, a girl I know from the summer class I took last year. After the interview was complete, we were asked to write a first draft of the interview that would be used on a poster to decorate the room.

Erin had a mandatory PD that she had to attend at her school. So, this morning, she dropped off her part of the poster. My heart sank the minute I saw it. She had done it in my favorite color, pink, but it was the most adorable scrap booked poster I'd ever seen. Meanwhile, I've tried my hand at scrap booking, and I've failed miserably. I knew this wouldn't end well. And it didn't. The finished project is currently sitting at my spot at the Carnegie Center, drying, with the pretty pink side cheerfully sending beams of sunshine hither and yon, and the Jolly Jack Was Drunk side living inharmoniously (is this even a word??) with any other artistic object in the room.

I swear! Enough with the art. I suck at it.

Meanwhile, we were also asked to walk the streets of downtown Lexington on a WRITER'S WALKABOUT, and spend some time journaling in our WRITER'S NOTEBOOK about the things we experienced. I love to people. I love to observe from afar. I figured this would be the perfect exercise for me as I garner lots and lots of cool ideas by just sitting back and watching.

Dude with the caricature drawing from yesterday reads an amazing piece of self-discovery from the depths of drug addiction during share time.

Mercifully and thankfully, I chose not to raise my hand to volunteer a reading.

Why? What did I write about?

How I was all weirded out by the two toilets in the same stall at the Cheapside Bar and Grill! Yeah, now that's some riveting material right there ... toilets ... yep!

It's official. I've spent entirely too much time in a fourth grader's world.

I've lost my mojo!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I have experienced that bizarre two-toilets-one-stall phenomenon at Cheapside myself, and I think it is journal-worthy.

I'm choosing to believe that caricature man is one of those annoying, overly pretentious classmates who has a very empty life outside the classroom because no one can stand to listen to him flaunt his awesomeness all the time. Don't let him make you feel bad!
Elly Gilbert said…
I don't really have a comment...I'm all doped up post-tonsillectomy and I wanted to point out that:
1. I hate art projects.
2. I saw Micah last night at the Melting Pot in Louisville and she was on a hot date with Daniel!!!!
3. Next time you should DRAW the two toilets and make the artsy-fartsy people really happy!
Anonymous said…
I have some art projects here from high school. I beg to differ on the "no talent" comment! I seem to remember some pen and ink renderings as well as a couple of other drawings that were pretty good! You can do quite well if you put your mind to it. You are tired right now.
You Know Who

Popular Posts