A CONVERSATION WITH A PARENT

Today I had the following conversation with a parent. I should say, I attempted, rather unsuccessfully, to steer away from the conversation.

Names have been changed to conceal the identity of the innocent and the nasty!

ME: Well, Mr. C said he'd be right up with the paper work. The door is locked. So, I guess we can just stand out here and wait.

MR. M: My kid is ruining my sex life.

ME: [feeling bile begin to back up as I wonder where in the heck this has come from] Wow, the weather has been crazy lately, hasn't it?

MR. M: I mean, I bring these women home, and I hope something happens. I say, 'if it happens, it happens, but he's really playing sheriff with my love life'.

ME: [feeling the all sick to my stomach and cold-sweaty] You know, Ben was so excited to hold the plaque we gave to the principal today for his BIG SURPRISE SEND OFF PARTY.

MR. M: Yeah, Ben likes him, but I'm saying he's killing my sex life.

ME: [fighting the urge to say EEEEWWWWW!] Wow! You know what? I'm just going to go next door to Mrs. Quincy's room and see if she has a key to let us in.

I begged Mrs. Quincy to stay with me until our principal got there. Later on, as the kids were heading to the buses, I stopped to thank my principal for the wonderful time spent with this kid's disgusting father.

ME: I wanted to thank you for leaving me alone with that disgusting guy.

MY PRINCIPAL: What do you mean?

ME: Ummm ... he was telling me all about his sexual prowess.

MY PRINCIPAL: [laughing] Well, I noticed he was checking you out when you got up to leave. Could of had yourself a date!

That's just great! The only chance at a real date in this town is the lecherous father of one of my students! Just great!

Comments

Anonymous said…
reminds me of buddy
Megan said…
Oh my gosh!!!! Yes! Did I tell you he showed up with fish for me one time ... unskinned ... recently alive fish!?!?!?

Apparently, I've got something going on, right?
Elly Gilbert said…
OH!!! I'm betting he was a real winner, too. And now, the image of him and his, um, situation is burning into your brain, making you absolutely useless to all other men, right???

Popular Posts