THE POWER OF THE FLIRT

I am amazed ... I am in awe ... I reverently bow down to the power ... I can't believe that the "power of the flirt" is this ... well, so powerful!

Today is a perfect example. The number of staff in the PT gym has suddenly inflated, and today, I found myself working with a really sweet lady -- let's call her Amy -- someone that I'd worked with in the past. Ummm ... I swear, I'm not even kidding, Caleb kept coming over and grabbing my chart from where ever she'd set it down last, and GOING OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP SET UP MY EXERCISES, including, ladies and gentlemen, those exercises I can totally set up on my own. The same ones he snapped at me for not doing on my own a week and a half earlier. Poor Amy, she kept running all over the gym looking for my chart, and Caleb would actually be holding it in his hands.

Ummm ... I'm not completely stupid ... coincidental? I think not!

Because I was trained in science pedagogy, I present to you a few observations for data collection:


Observation #1: I finished my 4-ways, and I was getting ready to head over to Amy because she'd said she wanted to get me started on something else. I turned to head that way, and Caleb came up to me, and softly (I SWEAR IT!) says, "Hey Megan, would you like to do some step work?"
Ummmmm ... I'm sorry. Have a died and gone to "she's living her dream" heaven?
"Sure, Caleb, whatever you say," and I gave him a thumbs up as I smiled sweetly, then blew a bubble with my gum (that was unintentional, the bubble was. I momentarily lost my mind).
He got all smiles and chuckles on me, and set the step up, I swear to you, right in front of him. I could have reached out and grabbed my chart that he clutched in his big paw or squeezed his pectoral muscles ... gave them just a little tweak ... had I momentarily lost my mind again.
Apparently, he's quite the music trivia buff, as I've heard him ask people before, "hey, you know who sings this?"
So, he turned to the kid that was exercising with us, as Caleb had us in a little exercising trinity or something.
The kid, obviously too young to know, floundered, so Caleb said, "I'll give you a hint," and he meowed.
Well, my head was screaming, I KNOW THIS ANSWER! I SOOOO KNOW THIS ANSWER!
The kid finally said, "Dude, I give. No clue."
"Cat Stevens," Caleb replied.
"That was such an easy hint, too!" I blurted.
Caleb winked at me and said to the kid, "See. She knows."


Observation #2: "Megan, I'm going to get the lats machine all set up for you, okay, when you're done. Now, we've got to get those bridges in too [which, by the way, he barked I could do at home a week earlier]."
"So, will I be able to take someone down after I'm done with all these exercises?" I'm getting bold, people!
He smiled and gave me a lingering up and down (that's a look, for those unsure), and said, "Can't you take someone down now?"
"Yeah, but I mean, keep 'em down."
"Heck yeah!"

Observation #3: He came over to see if I was okay with the IT Band Stretch. He NEVER CARED A FLYING FLIP ABOUT MY IT BAND STRETCH PRIOR TO THIS.


The boy has either lost his mind, or he's fallen under the spell of the skills Carrie says I've had all along, but never realized until this point. Either way, I'm entertaining the crap out of myself while doing those horrible strength-training exercises.


Carrie has unleashed the beast ... she's awakened the monster ... random drive-by flirtings could soon be reported in Kentucky!




Comments

Anonymous said…
I love it!! DUDE work it!
Christy said…
See, I knew once you started... Isn't it a good feeling?!? I am convinced that flirting could totally lead to world peace if we all went out of our way to make everyone feel special...just because...

Popular Posts