SUN-KISSED

Today, after church, I was talking to a girl I know. Suddenly, in the middle of our conversation, she looks at my hair, smiles, and says, "You're hair's lighter, right? Did you ...?"

"No, I didn't color it. This happens every summer. I get out in the sun, and my hair just naturally streaks and lightens in spots."

"Wow!" She said, really examining the highlights. "You are so lucky. It's amazing how your hair does that. I wish mine did that."

"Yeah, it's done that ever since I was a little kid. My sister's hair does the same thing."

She shakes her head. "Man, you're lucky."

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty lucky until sometime around October or November. Then I look I am seriously overdue for a root job! So there's a downside to all this fun hair color. It's all sun-kissed and gorgeous now. Come November, it'll look like I should be the queen of a double-wide some where, sipping RC Cola and eating a Moon pie!"


Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Megan, Megan, Megan....you don't SIP RC, dear. You chug it!

Popular Posts