WELL, CRAP!

I've known for a while now that something just wasn't quite right with The Knee, aside from the stuff I already knew was wrong. Lately, it's been locking and popping a lot more, and I've noticed a lot more pain in the back of my knee. With all the stuff I've been doing for the other problems (yes, that would be plural, and there have been a lot), those seem to be getting better. The other popping/locking/pain issue has not.

"At the risk of sounding like a whiny butt, Michael, what is the deal?"

His assessment? A tear in the meniscus.

"Yeah, but, the doc. never saw that in the x-rays."

Point well taken, but Michael says that if the tear is on the back, where there seems to be a bulge/swelling, the X-rays wouldn't have shown this. Only an MRI sees this type of tear.

So, how do we fix this?

According to Michael, scoping.

That sounds painful and extremely frustrating.

So, in the meantime, we're going to continue my exercises. No weight bearing ANYTHING of ANY KIND for me. Hopefully, crossing my fingers, this will heal on it's own (but, as Michael says, these don't heal very well on their own). If it does, great. If not, well, I just don't even want to think about it.

I guess, from here on out, I will be taking the elevator ...

Well, crap!



Comments

Popular Posts